October 29, 2010

Under the Sea using Photoshop


Time to go under the sea ;)
Here's another wallpaper I've made using Photoshop only. You know what's really cool is that you can make any shape or image a brush. By making it a brush you can scatter the shape all over your image with different sizes.....And that's what I did here with the bubbles. It was an image of a transparent bubble that I changed to a brush to put it wherever I want in my wallpaper. To make it more realistic, play with the blur brush in some areas as shown.
As for the background, fill it first with dark green color & give it a cloud effect. Then with the brush tool use a dark pink color at the bottom with layer opacity 65% . With a dark blue brush color a line just above the pink area and make the opacity 65% (I know the blue color is not that obvious but it gives a very good transition between colors in the end).
My favorite part is the lighting effect under the water. This is made by adding a layer above all the previous layers and fill it with a gradient (make the gradient type "noise", roughness "100%", restrict colors & add transparency). Then make the layer mode "color dodge".
Last, but not least, the text. Type the text, make the fill 0% and then add bevel & emboss, inner and outer glow to give this cool transparent bubbly effect.
I bet this is the longest post I've ever did ;)
Hope you like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment