December 4, 2010

Butterflies using Illustrator


Hey everyone.....
Here is another post for butterflies illustration made by illustrator software.
This is one of my favorites. Just looking at these colors lifts me up :)
You know what also makes me happy? Is that you can make one shape, duplicate it and recolor it very easily using illustrator! In this case, I drew a butterfly, mainly using the pen tool and ellipse vector tool (for the circles in the butterfly's wings). For coloring the wings, I used A LOT of pathfinder divides to divide the wings to separate parts and easily give each part a different gradient and give it a nice effect. For the butterfly's body, I used the mesh tool and used brown color shades to give it a 3D effect.
I finished coloring this butterfly and duplicated it 8 times and gave each one unique colors using the feature "recolor artwork" from (edit > edit color > recolor artwork). This amazing feature will allow you to recolor each and every color you have in the shape you drew. To neatly finish it, decide on these butterflies' layout & the order of which they'll appear (object > arrange > bring forward / step backward).
So that's it........Hope you like it as much as I do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment