May 8, 2011

Ruby Diamonds logo using Illustrator







Hey there!!!! Long time no post ;)
I can't believe it's been over 6 months since my last post!!! Sorry I've been so busy....But here I am again :))
I wanted to return with one of my favorite logos I've made using Illustrator. I wanted to draw a diamond so badly so I started drawing it with the pen tool (of course a real diamond picture had helped me to know the its exact segments). I've drawn only half the diamond, duplicated it & joined the two paths together (to be symmetrical). Then I've made it with a black outline and filled it with different shades of red to give the effect of the transparent diamond. As for the spark, I just drew a small cirlcle & gave it the pucker and bloat effect in illustrator until I got the spark shape I want.
Now, why not remove the letter "o" in the word "diamonds" and put the diamond shape instead??? It'll still be readable, right?? And that's exactly what I did :) As for the font, I used a simple serif font to make the logo as simple and elegant as possible (remember it's a jewelery shop after all....)
That's all....Hope you like it......c u soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment